Job Posting for an Economist at the AIM RSN Policy Center for Competitiveness
The Asian Institute of Management (AIM) R.S. Navarro Policy Center for Competitiveness (RSN-PCC), formerly AIM Policy Center, is looking for an Economist to begin work on April 1, 2020.
- At least master’s degree in economics or other related fields. Candidacy to a degree may be considered if work experience exceeds the minimum indicated below;
- At least three years of experience in economic, development, and/or policy research;
- Skills in quantitative analysis, including use of econometric software;
- Technical writing skills;
- Publication or completion of an economic and policy research is an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team process.
- Produce technical output (e.g. briefing notes, policy briefs, presentations, and research papers) related to the Center’s research themes and policy work;
- Provide research and technical assistance to the Center’s projects, including literature review, statistical analysis, data collection, and dataset management, among others;
- Manage projects;
- Help plan and organize events such as but not limited to fora, roundtable discussions, and presentations of research results, including by external experts, as necessary;
- Help commission studies and provide assistance in the day-to-day management of the Center’s research and technical assistance projects;
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Executive Director and his authorized representative similar to and related to the functions enumerated above.