Job Posting for a Consultant (Workforce/Education) at the AIM RSN Policy Center for Competitiveness
The Asian Institute of Management R.S. Navarro Policy Center for Competitiveness (AIM RSN PCC; formerly AIM Policy Center) is looking for a Consultant for its project ‘Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Workforce Development and Education Reform’.
- Research, consultancy, or work experience on education topics or in an education policy institution is an advantage;
- Advanced university degree (master’s or PhD) in economics, public policy, international development policy, and/or other related fields (candidacy for a master’s degree will be considered if the candidate exceeds the other minimum qualifications);
- At least three years of experience in economic, development, and/or policy research;
- Completion of an economic, development, or policy research paper is a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Experience in facilitating and conducting a focus group discussion and a key informant interview, and interpreting their results, is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team process.
Ten (10) months from March 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
Under the supervision of the AIM RSN PCC Executive Director and Associate Director, the following are the activities and deliverables of the Consultant:
- Conduct a review of existing literature on the Philippine education sector and its ability to equip students with the necessary skills required for gainful employment in both local and global markets.
- Identify and assess the challenges faced by the education sector in preparing students for the fourth industrial revolution (FIRE) and the jobs of the future.
- Organize with the assistance of AIM RSN PCC staff, conduct, and gather information from focus group discussions (FGDs), round table discussions (RTDs), and/or key informant interviews (KIIs) among resource persons from the education sector, including teachers, administrators, and government agents regarding job-skills matching, challenges to preparing students for future jobs and the impacts of FIRE, and how the education sector should adapt to digital automation and technological change.
- Prepare guide questions and necessary materials for the FGDs, RTDs and/or KIIs. The guide questions should be based on a scholarly review of literature on how the education sector should adapt to automation, digitalization, and technological change.
- Produce a research paper on “The Challenges Faced by the Education Sector in Preparing Students for the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Jobs of the Future”, with concrete recommendations for policy and future action.
- Organize and conduct with the assistance of AIM RSN PCC staff a forum on “Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Workforce Development and Education Reform”. Tasks for this activity include securing a suitable venue for the event, selecting and inviting speakers and reactors, and drafting the event program. Upon the discretion of the AIM RSN PCC Executive Director, the Consultant may co-present the research paper during this forum.
FEES AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
The Consultant shall be paid a professional fee to be given in tranches as follows:
- First tranche (20%): Upon submission of the FGD, RTD, or KII guide questions.
- Second tranche (30%): Upon completion of the FGDs, RTDs, or KIIs.
- Third tranche (30%): Upon submission of the research paper acceptable to the AIM RSN PCC executive director.
- Fourth tranche (20%): After the forum.