Job Posting for a Consultant (SME) at the AIM RSN Policy Center for Competitiveness
The Asian Institute of Management R.S. Navarro Policy Center for Competitiveness (AIM RSN PCC; formerly AIM Policy Center) is looking for a Consultant for its project ‘Survey on Philippine SME Participation in Global Value Chains’.
- Advanced university degree (master’s or PhD) in economics, public policy, international development policy, and/or other related fields (candidacy for a master’s degree will be considered if the candidate exceeds the other minimum qualifications);
- At least three years of experience in economic, development, and/or policy research; quantitative analysis; and skills in creating and maintaining statistical databases;
- Experience in survey management and implementation is an advantage;
- Completion of an economic, development, or policy research paper is a plus;
- Experience with relevant software such as STATA or SPSS;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team process.
Ten (10) months from March 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
Under the supervision of the AIM RSN PCC Executive Director and Associate Director, the following are the activities and deliverables of the Consultant:
- Write the survey questionnaire based on literature review and existing similar surveys.
- Manage the selection of the survey firm that will conduct the survey enumeration. This includes getting quotations, preparing the terms of reference, and coordinating with the selected firm.
- Attend the enumerators’ training for the ‘Survey on Philippine SME Participation in Global Value Chains’.
- Conduct random checks during enumeration for the ‘Survey on Philippine SME Participation in Global Value Chains’.
- Prepare the survey encoding template.
- Attend the survey firm’s presentation of field experiences.
- Random check the encoded survey data.
- Clean the dataset submitted by the survey firm.
- Write a draft of the survey report consisting of the following sections: introduction, a brief literature review, methodology, results and discussions, and summary and conclusion.
- Finalize the survey report after receiving comments from the AIM RSN PCC Executive Director and Associate Director.
- Along with AIM RSN PCC staff, look for a suitable venue, invite speakers and reactors, and draft the program for the launch of the ‘Survey on Philippine SME Participation in Global Value Chains’ report.
- Act as on-the-day organizer and event manager during the conference.
FEES AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
The Consultant shall be paid a professional fee to be given in tranches as follows:
- First tranche (20%): Upon submission of survey questionnaire.
- Second tranche (17.5%): Upon submission of clean survey dataset.
- Third tranche (22.5%): Upon submission of the draft of the survey report.
- Fourth tranche (25%): Upon submission of the final survey report.
- Fifth tranche: (15%): After the launch of the survey report in a forum.