Job Posting for a Assoc. Director/Senior Economist at the AIM RSN Policy Center for Competitiveness
The Asian Institute of Management (AIM) R.S. Navarro Policy Center for Competitiveness (RSN-PCC), formerly AIM Policy Center, is looking for applicants for the Associate Director and Senior Economist position.
IDEAL (BUT NOT MINIMUM) QUALIFICATIONS
- At least master’s degree in economics or other related fields.
- At least five years of experience in economic, development, and/or policy research.
- Skills in quantitative analysis, including the use of econometric software.
- Technical writing skills.
- Publication in peer-reviewed journals indexed by such organizations as Scopus and Clarivate Analytics (formerly Web of Science and Thomson ISI).
- At least three years of supervisory and management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team research process.
- Excellent political and crisis management skills, including the ability to problem solve and work against tight deadlines.
- Along with the Executive Director, exercise general supervision over the administration of Center operations and its staff.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, manage the preparation of project proposals and project design under the programs of the Center.
- Produce technical outputs such as briefing notes, policy briefs, presentations, and research papers.
- Oversee the planning and organization of events such as but not limited to forums, roundtable discussions, and presentation of research results.
- Assist the Executive Director in liaising with partners and donors.
- Manage projects.
- Liaise and coordinate with other units within the AIM, such as but not limited to the AIM Scientific Research Foundation, the Research and Publication Office, among others.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Interested applicants should send their CV, two sample written works (preferably sole-authored), and an application letter addressed to Dr. Jamil Paolo Francisco, Executive Director of AIM RSN PCC to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Associate Director Position”. For more information about the AIM RSN PCC, please visit http://policy.aim.edu/.